Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6/3/08

PhotobucketYou know that I seem, to make romantic dreams, up in lights, fallin' off the silver screen.

My heart's like an open book, for the whole world to read. Sometimes nothing keeps me together at the seams. I'm on my way, well I'm on my way, home sweet home
.Photobucket

Not a day too soon, I might add. This one was another drag of a day. I guess staying up to listen to the end of that hockey game didn't get me started exactly right. A triple overtime loss is like dating a chick for three weeks and then finding out she's saving herself for marriage. Bogus.

I don't know what in the hell it is about West Virginia, but I swear it rains every time I go through that state. Maybe Dick Cheney can add some weather jokes to the old 'inbred' routine. Today's soaker got pretty intense. The spookiest part was coming down a steep slope around a curve when I saw flashing lights at the bottom. Okay. Time to shed some speed, without hydroplaning, and while moving to the left lane as I navigated the curve. Big fun. At the bottom of the hill, a Heartland driver had laid his trailer over on its side. Bummer. Hope he was okay.

By the time I got to Ohio, that was enough of that. At least there wasn't a Swiftie holding up traffic on US-35 this time around, which is nice. The only spot open in this rest area was next to a reefer. I guess that's pretty fitting.

I'll have to get cracking nice and early tomorrow, in order to get to Taylor on time. Then I'll get some much-needed R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.