Sunday, June 1, 2008

6/1/08

I wasn't quite sure why the Wings lost game 3, but now I get it. They wanted to be able to win the cup at home instead of on the road. Good thinking. I guess that whole Detroit trifecta thing hasn't exactly worked out, but I'm not a basketball fan anyway.

A couple hours after I got rolling this morning, I received a pre-plan for my next load. That means that, on two out of the last two times I've intended to request home time from Florida, I've been pre-planned. I guess there's just no way around the mountain of evidence there. Everybody who goes to Florida with the intention of requesting home time will be pre-planned. It's proven 100% of the time, or something like that.

Anyway, the drive down was pretty easy and I found a clean trailer at the ConWay yard in Orlando. That's always nice. It turns out that the pre-plan had an added bonus. I was originally thinking that I would park at the truck stop right by the ConWay yard, but it was jam-packed with trucks (including quite a few red CTL Kenworths). Since I knew where I was picking up next, I was able to head west to Polk City and park for the night. I pick up down the road in Winter Haven at 8am tomorrow, then head up to Tifton, Georgia for an afternoon delivery.

I went ahead and sent my home time request when I got to Orlando, even though I was planned on another load. I'm assuming that there was no issue, since this next run will take me right up I-75 and in the right direction anyway. So I guess the gang at Kelly's Pub had better work on saving me a stool pretty soon. I should be home by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.