Friday, May 23, 2008

5/23/08

After I got on the board this morning, I was almost immediately assigned to a load, so that was nice. I had to head west to Newton and pick up at a rinky-dink little outfit. Paved parking lot? Who needs it? Level ground? Overrated. Blindside dock on the side of a thirty foot dropoff? Sounds perfect. At least there was room to pull forward so the angle wasn't too severe.

I'm headed up to New Hampshire for a load delivering Tuesday morning. That wraps up the week at a little under 2,800 miles. Given the holiday Monday, the outcome is a pretty good one. I'll be empty on Tuesday morning with a lot of hours to spare.

Now I must wrap this up quickly, as my power cord just crapped out on me and my battery is soon to expire. I guess I'll have to try finding an electronics store with a big parking lot this weekend. I thought I had a spare cord around here somewhere, but it appears that it must have been a victim of one of my purgings when I was home. It's probably sitting in my closet right now, where it does me a lot of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.