Sunday, May 18, 2008

5/18/08

Today wound up being pretty easy, although it had plenty of uncertainty as the afternoon progressed. I checked my truck stop directory before I left and saw that there really isn't anywhere to park near Myrtle Beach. I figured I would spot something along the way and that would have to work. Aside from a handful of hotels that claimed to have truck parking, I saw nothing. I kept rolling, closer and closer to my customer, and still saw nothing. I got to the customer, thinking I may be able to park on the street. Nope. No room there. Around the corner is a big dirt lot with a decrepit old fence falling apart around the sides. There's some kind of nasty old building at the back of the lot, but otherwise it doesn't look like much is going on. I guess this is home for the night. I'm pretty damn hungry but I'm fat enough to survive without food for one night, I think. The beer distibutor opens at 7am, so my guess is that I'll be moved before anybody has a chance to get annoyed with me.

The drive down here was only four and a half hours, so my log book should be in pretty decent shape for the next few days. Hopefully they will assign me to another load before I'm empty so I don't have to drive thirty miles to find a parking place in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.