Monday, February 11, 2008

2/11/08

A new haiku for you:

At the shop all day
Closing time, truck is ready
Fuck me, it's still broke

Yeah, that's about how my day went. I headed over to the shop and sat there all damn day. The guy gave me my keys as they were locking up for the night. He said I was good to go. And my truck died twice during the half-mile drive to the terminal. The best advice road service can give me is to head back over there in the morning and take those jagoffs for a test drive with me. How long have I been in Laredo now, anyway?

They told me this morning that I had "busted fuel lines." Yeah, I may not know a lot about trucks, but I didn't fall off the banana boat either. If this thing has busted fuel lines, the dipshit with the blowtorch busted them after I gave them my truck. Whatever it is, fuel lines or otherwise, they still haven't fixed it. I should have just stayed at the fucking motel.

5 comments:

  1. That's just brutal. I can't believe CTL is leaving you hanging like this.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what they can do at this point. The prick bastards at the dealership said the truck was good to go today, so nobody (myself included) was making any other arrangements.

    For all the bitching and whining people have been doing since the merger, I would have hoped someone would have quit and left a truck down here within the last week. No such luck though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, some real crappy luck. I hope things start looking up for you. On the lighter side, I am at home right now and if you can get to Northern MO you can have my truck, I'm tired of driving, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly John, I'm beyond the point where I even give a shit. I'm sitting at the dealership right now, watching these guys fix all of the local trucks and leave the CTL guys sitting here with our thumbs up our asses. If my employer is too impotent to make things happen down here, they can just pay me layover forever and I'll take an early retirement in Laredo. Screw it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.