Sunday, February 10, 2008

2/10/08

If it weren't for the fact that I am not making any money, this wouldn't be so bad. I had quite a few beers left after last night's binge, so I had a kick start in getting rid of my hangover this morning. Hair of the dog and whatnot. Then it was a long lazy day of polishing off the beverages, eating like a pig, and watching HBO.

I got a call from my fleet manager, waking me up this morning. I had a pounding headache and a sore throat at the time, so I'm sure I sounded thrilled to receive the call. Anyhow, he's doing what he can on his end to get me out of this predicament. Hopefully I will get my truck back (and functional) tomorrow, but if not we'll try to find another way of getting me to Joplin. Apparently one possibility would be to hitch a ride with another driver and then haul a load back down here to retrieve my personal effects. That sounds like a pain in the ass to me, so I'm hoping we don't have to go that route. Another possibility would be that someone quits and leaves a truck available in Laredo, but again I would prefer just to get my truck back and drive it to Missouri.

The Red Wings were on NBC today, so that was pretty cool. That last goal that got waved off was a complete hosejob though. It should have been 3-3, but the refs gave the game to Anaheim. It was a pretty exciting finish anyway.

Oh well, I guess I'll try to get a little sleep tonight. I guess there's a possibility I'm driving away tomorrow, so I might as well be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.