Thursday, January 3, 2008

1/3/08

Apparently I'm no longer welcome as an Oklahoma fan. Whatever. For what little it's worth, I have Virginia Tech tonight so they'll probably get blown out by the time this thing is said and done.

So... pretty noneventful cruise down through The People's Republic today. As much as I dislike this state, I do have to give the drivers credit for one thing. They know how to merge. In most of this country, people come flying down a ramp and then shit their pants when they see a big truck in the right lane. They apparently don't realize that we can't move over if there's a car next to us, we can't slow down all that quickly, and we sure as hell can't speed up very quickly. So they end up acting like they're going fast, until we start to slow down. Then they slow down and almost run off the road. Then it takes us five minutes to get back up to speed, so the traffic behind us is disrupted. Here, in The People's Republic, they just step on the gas and get the hell out of the way. I wish everyone did that.

I took a look at Google Earth last night and saw that my customer is in a largely industrial section of town. That usually means that I can find somewhere to park, even if it's not technically somewhere that I should park. I've stopped at the Flying J on top of the Grapevine to sit out the evening traffic, planning to head down and scout for a location later. As it gets later and this game is still mildly entertaining though, I'm thinking I might just stay and watch it. Then I can get a little rest tonight and make a pre-dawn drive down past LA. My appointment is for 7:30am, but these last 90 miles might take forever if I try to arrive at that time. If I leave early enough, I should be able to beat the morning rush. Of course, one more Kansas score might send me packing tonight. I don't know. Who cares really?

I caught a series of talk radio stations today, so that was a nice change from the Pacific Northwest where it was tough to find a signal. Lots of talk about Iowa obviously, but the weather was the biggest topic. Apparently there are three storms on the way in that are supposed to be no joke. North sounds bad as far as this weekend goes, so I'm crossing my fingers for something going east out of Calexico or Otay Mesa. If you know anything about me, you know that this paragraph guarantees me a run back up I-5. Story of my life man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.