Wednesday, January 2, 2008

1/2/08

Dude. Mountains. Seriously. That's enough. By the time I got out of the mountains and settled into the valley, I was pretty much sick of driving today. Luckily the weather was good, but damn. My patience only lasts for so long. Downshift, upshift, foot to the floor, ride the brakes... enough I say.

I had originally planned to roll down to Lodi today. That would have been about as far as eleven hours could take me given the 55mph speed limits in Oregon and The People's Republic. After I had my fill of the aforementioned mountains though, I was checking my map and trying to see if I could stop sooner and just make a longer run into the LA area tomorrow morning. Plus, I wanted to watch a little football tonight.

CFI to the rescue... I got a message stating that my 12:30PT delivery for tomorrow is now a 07:30PT for the 4th. Trying to piss me off by making me wait an extra day, are they? Well the joke's on them 'cause I ain't mad. I felt like stopping. Now I can run down somewhere around LA tomorrow and then deliver the next morning. Weekend runs out of California tend to be pretty long, so that's at least a little promising. Of course I'll probably get to enjoy all of the snow that is apparently going to pound those damn mountains in the next couple of days. Groovy.

I can't decide for whom to root now. WVU is just the typical whiny "no respect" program that plays a shitty schedule and wonders why people think they're not so great. Oklahoma... yeah, I don't know. I happen to be one of those guys who still enjoys the academic component to college sports. So Oklahoma... yeah, I don't know.

Well, after checking my entry, I have Oklahoma for big points in my football pool so I guess I'm a loyal Sooners fan tonight. That Bradford dude is pretty good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.