Sunday, December 30, 2007

12/30/07

Today was nice and easy. The stretch of I-84 along the Columbia River is nice. For some reason though, it made me want to go back to elementary school and play Oregon Trail on one of those old Apple computers. It runs along the bottom of the gorge so there aren't a lot of elevation changes. Plus, the 55mph speed limit means I can just set the cruise control and watch people pass me along the way. Well, for most of the trip...

The evergreen trees, sunny skies, and moss-covered ground made it look like a nice spring morning for a few hours. After recent weeks, it was almost enough to make me forget that it was winter in the northwest. Almost. The last thirty miles into Portland were a pretty snowy mess. The weather was above freezing and it was just wet snow so it didn't cause me any problems, but the motorists were either really fast or really slow at that point. I wound up cruising along in the left lane more often than not until we got into Portland and it turned to rain. All in all though, a pretty cool ride.

Not only was the beer distributor open today, it was like Grand Central Station. I had to wait a while for a dock. That worked out cool for me because my wireless connection is wicked fast within major cities. I got to kick back and watch the Redskins spank the Cowboys and secure a playoff spot. (They would have backed in anyway, but they finished the season with authority.) Great job boys.





I was at the customer for a couple of hours, then tooled up the road to the Jubitz truck stop. I was #2 on the board when I got here (and I'm still #2 now), so my chances of tacking on some decent miles tomorrow to close out the year should be pretty good. I haven't been up this way a ton, but every time I've left Washington (closest to Portland I've picked up) the run has been a long one.

So I've spent the evening reading and eating and smoking cigars and just generally being useless. I did get an e-mail from YouTube saying that Paramount Pictures told them to remove my ninety second clip of Beavis and Butthead. That's pretty pathetic, honestly. It's their copyrighted material, of course. But seriously, a few laughs? Who is that harming? Where was the financial damage to them and where was the financial gain to me? People need to get a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.