Sunday, November 4, 2007

11/4/07

I was going to head down to Clewiston last night, but I came up with a change in plans. I think it will make my life a little easier, but we'll see. I stayed in Ocala, where my 34 hour restart will be up tonight at midnight. I'll get some sleep tonight and then head south around 3am or so. That schedule will have me finishing my driving days early in the afternoon and starting back up in the middle of the night. Driving in the off hours and sleeping during the day seems to be a more productive way of getting up the east coast. The traffic is lighter and it's easier to find places to park when I run that kind of schedule. The plan summary says the load delivers at 4am Thursday, but those 4am things usually just mean the appointment has yet to be set. Hopefully it will be some time Wednesday, because this pay period has the potential to be an unmitigated disaster if I don't get some miles in before I highlight for home.

So, today involved a lot of laziness, a little exercise, a little food, a little football, and a lot more laziness. Never much in-between when it comes to this job. I either run my ass off or sit around and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.