Saturday, November 3, 2007

11/3/07

Today's short run down I-75 and into Florida went a lot more like I expected than the last one did. No dead people, no carnage or destruction, and no major delays. I pulled up to the K Mart DC in Ocala and found that the place had a huge drop lot with no tight spots. My original plan summary indicated that I would be unloaded, but it was a quick and easy drop/hook instead.

Back up the highway a few miles, I ducked into the Pilot and watched some football. Nothing to talk about here. Moving along...

I came into today expecting a pretty shitty weekend of work. Freight leaving Florida for us can be hit or miss. When you factor in my Saturday afternoon delivery time, I didn't see a whole lot of bright possibilities. A few hours after I was empty, I got an assignment that was even worse than I expected. I'll be picking up Monday morning in the middle of Florida and heading up to New Jersey. Suffice it to say that we won't be expecting another 7,000 mile pay period this time around. I'll hang out in Ocala tonight until my ten hour break is up and then head south a couple hundred miles. There's a truck stop near the shipper so I'll be able to get a 34 hour restart down there before Monday morning. I'm heading home for a concert on the 14th (meaning I'll be highlighting for home some time next week), so this paycheck will use up quite a bit of the excess cash I earned on the last one. I guess that's the nature of the business.

So, for the remainder of the football season, I'm a free agent. I haven't received any recruiting offers yet, but if you know a team that could use me as a fan feel free to let me know. I will have the chance to opt back in or out as a Notre Dame fan following the Blue-Gold game next spring, but until that time this shit is just unwatchable.

1 comment:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.