Tuesday, November 6, 2007

11/6/07

I have a pretty cool collection of voices that hang out in my head. Most of them are just random strange individuals, but today the dean from Animal house made an appearance. "Fat, bored, and unmotivated is no way to go through life son," he advised. Well that's just the way it is right now. I think I've managed to beat back the progress of my growing waistline, but the bored and unmotivated parts are tough to escape at this point.

I got rolling around 3am today. In normal mathematics, 95-75=20. In Georgia, 95=75, as in they're the same damn thing. Construction for miles and miles and miles. As with I-75, the construction zones on I-95 are mostly posted at 60mph. That's not bad, but of course the actual range of speeds is anywhere from 45-90mph. I imagine it's even worse if you don't roll through before the crack of dawn. Add to that the incessant bouncing (with my wights and weight bench singing their tune), and I was about to go from mostly nuts to completely mental. Then it smoothed out and things were better.

Today was the easy part. Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina - C'est bon. (Practicing my French for my future bride.) Tomorrow I get Virginia, D.C., Baltimore, and Delaware. Ce n'est pas bon. I'm thinking I'll go into Jersey tomorrow and stop at the Flying J on 295, unless some other idea strikes me when I wake up. There doesn't really look to be anywhere close to the customer for me to stop, so I'll have a couple of hours left to run the next day before my 4am appointment. Whatever. At this particular moment in my rather insignificant history, "Who gives a shit?" seems to sum it all up.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.