Thursday, July 5, 2007

7/5/07

I got out of Chicago before rush hour picked up and rolled into my customer early this morning. They took quite a while to load half a trailer, as the boxes were all stacked on the floor by hand, but soon enough I was out of there.

My routing software listed the 'practical' truck route as being across the south side of Chicago and straight down I-57. Instead, I chose to angle my way across the Indiana countryside and catch up with I-70 in Terre Haute. From there I shot across to 57 and headed south. This route was much more relaxing for me and also shaved about 30 miles off the run. Now I'll be paid more miles than I actually drive on this trip.

I'm due in Laredo late Saturday night but I'm going to try like hell to get there late tomorrow night. Since I had a day off yesterday, I think I have enough hours available to pull it off. I'll need some cooperation from the traffic, but I'm going to give it a shot. I'm planning to request home time when I arrive in Laredo, so that extra day will be important for me personally.

Well, I suppose it's time to get back at it. Lots of miles to cover tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.