Wednesday, July 4, 2007

7/4/07

I ran through the night and got to the beer distributor in Chicago around 4am today. I shut my eyes and slept for a few hours before checking in with the guys on the dock. By the time I checked in , there were a couple of JB Hunt dedicated guys already pulled in. Luckily for me there was one dock still available. As I sat at the dock, a line started to form - a few CFI's, a few pumpkins, a few more JB's, a US Xpress. I apparently made a pretty good decision getting there nice and early.

After I left, the morning traffic in Chicago had started to pick up, but since it's a holiday things weren't too bad. I didn't anticipate getting a load today, so I headed to a rest area on the Illinois turnpike. A couple of hours ago I got my next assignment. I'll be picking up in Niles, Michigan and heading to Laredo. I'm scheduled in Niles at 7am so I'll most likely leave here around 4am and try to get out of Dodge before the rush hour starts. Getting past Chicago has been a bitch lately and I'm on the west side.

Now... Back to the movie marathon. I'm enjoying a much-needed day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.