Sunday, July 1, 2007

7/1/07

Beautiful day today, lazy day today, boring day today...

The logbook situation is a double-edged sword. To run out of hours, I have to be running a lot of miles. If I'm running a lot of miles, I'm making a lot of money. The flip side is that sooner or later a bureaucrat in Washington is going to decide that I'm tired. Nevermind the fact that I haven't worked very hard over the last day or two, since I used a lot of hours seven and eight days ago my 70 hours are all used up. As of 12:45am this morning, the DOT decreed that I was too tired to drive.

I'll catch a quick nap before midnight rolls around so I can leave at midnight and finish off my run to Missouri. Anyone else see the hypocrisy in this? The laws are designed to keep the roads 'safer' by forcing tired drivers to rest. Now, the only way to comply with the law is for me to pull an all-nighter. Morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.