Thursday, October 11, 2012

Should Valverde still be the closer?

The answer is no. Valverde should not be the closer.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then just enjoy a chuckle at my expense and don't worry about it.  I'm angry and bitter for a change.  Normally Notre Dame leaves me in this state, but they just seem to keep winning this year.  So my Tigers have had to pick up the slack.

If you know what I'm talking about and you disagree with me, then I have some bad news for you.  You're an idiot.  I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you.  (And it saddens me to know that Jim Leyland is probably one of you, for whatever that's worth.)  Valverde has been a damned disgrace all year.  Even when he somehow finishes a game without blowing it, he gives up a few baserunners and gives us all heartburn.  Enough is enough.

So now Verlander has to go out and finish these rednecks tomorrow.  That will give me an excuse to have a few beers and watch an extra ballgame and whatnot, but it never should have gotten to this point.  Assuming that he does his job and we move on to the next round, the rotation will have to be anchored by Fister and Sanchez.  Not a bad pair of pitchers, incidentally, but we'll probably only get one start out of our ace.  That's a tough deal when every game matters this much.

Fucking Valverde.  Ruined my fucking night.

2 comments:

  1. Your other boys just pulled one off.

    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only assume that you didn't stream the postgame press conferences. The Stanford coach whining like a little bitch made things even sweeter. As if he didn't see his right tackle holding on every single play.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.