Monday, October 8, 2012

Discoveries

I won't get into too much detail about how I stumbled across this one.  We'll just say that there are parts of the internet where no decent person would ever tread.  I stop by to say 'Hi' to old friends there every now and then.

Tonight someone submitted a link to a questionable video.  That questionable video begat other questionable videos.  And so on and so forth, until a reasonable person could only conclude that the internet was a worthless cesspool.

I had a leg up on the world though, because I knew that the internet was a worthless cesspool long before most people logged on to their first AOL accounts.  The trick is to filter out the noise.  One video, another, another... horrible, horrible, horrible...

Then came something different.  If I didn't know any better, I might think I was in love.  I do know better, so no worries there.  On second thought though, I don't know man...



(UPDATE: 10/11/12 4:08am)

It's possible that you might view cover songs as somehow inferior to the originals.  Given the varied experience that we have, I don't blame you.  Remember Madonna singing American Pie?  What a fucking debacle.  So, in the interest of accuracy, I'm going to include Mr. Browne's version of his lovely song.
I think that the most recent object of my affection sang it better, but who the hell am I?  Judge for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.