Friday, September 24, 2010

9/24/10

Another ho hum sort of day here in the dairy world.  Not a whole lot worth mentioning, as far as I can recall.  My three stops went well enough, then my evening nap and subsequent trip to the gym went well enough.  I guess this is what I signed up for, eh?  So thrilling.

I dropped off some cash at the auto shop before work this morning, so my new engine should be arriving some time early next week.  It appears that I'm on schedule to get my car back by next Friday.  The mechanic recommended that I have him install a new thermostat while he's at it.  Sounds good to me, dude.  Might as well make sure that new engine stays nice and cool.  I was pretty surprised by the price though.  I'm not a car guy, so I could be completely mistaken here, but I seem to remember buying a thermostat for my old Mustang for something like ten bucks.  The one for my Mazda 6 will cost quite a bit more.  Life in the modern world, I guess.  Oh well, what's another few bucks once you're already into it for a few thousand, right?

I have stops in Jackson, Lansing, and Okemos scheduled for tomorrow.  It should be a decent seven hours of work, barring any major issues, but of course I got another late pull time so my FloTV will be my only chance to see any of the football game.  Probably sparing me from the misery of seeing any more of our defense than I have to.

2 comments:

  1. Watch that construction on I-96. I got caught in a gawker blocker back-up near Okemos last Tuesday. Rough ingress/egress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No troubles on 96 this evening. Had to keep an eye on the Sparty pedestrians on Grand River though. It seems that people do a little drinking on Saturdays up there. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.