Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8/17/10

If you ever happen to find yourself channel surfing the FM dial in the Nashville area, you'll find a couple of things.  First is that there are some talk stations mixed among the excessive country music.  Second is that those folks don't seem too thrilled about the mosque that has been proposed by our partners in religious tolerance.  Oy.

I wound up getting the call at 1am last night, telling me that my load was ready to roll.  By the time I headed up to work and then got out of town it was 2am.  I left Livonia at midnight the last time I made this run and I think those two extra hours made things more of a pain in the ass.  There was a bunch of traffic around Louisville this time, complete with accidents and cops and all the rest.  Otherwise though, just a long freaking morning on the highway.

My drop/hook in Murfreesboro was quick and easy this afternoon, after which my 11 hours of driving had enough remaining to get me back into Kentucky.  After a nice company-paid lunch at the Waffle House, it was time to get some rest in my company-paid motel room for a while.  I even managed to sleep pretty soundly for seven hours today.  Awesome.

Now, as our man Willie Nelson would say, "...on the road again..."

(One quick follow-up to yesterday's post, for the lovely rich gals out there.  I never wax my chest or any crap like that.  I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin'...)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that little tid bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. There used to be a time when folks around those parts would tell you "There's only two kinds of music"
    Country and Western. Take it from a guy who was dragged around the country and the family wound up in Nashville at the old Ryman Auditorium (no A/C in the summer) for the Grand Ol' Opry. God Bless Waylon, Willie and the Outlaws.

    96 was a wreck-fest on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.