Thursday, August 12, 2010

8/12/10

I offer the following assessment of my first game at Fifth Third Field in Toledo - It probably won't be my last game at Fifth Third Field in Toledo.  I had a great time down there and, since it wasn't the real Tigers, I didn't even mind so much that the team lost.  The weather was beautiful, the gals were dressed accordingly, and the game was fun.

When I walked up to the ticket window to retrieve my internet purchase, I was treated to a rather humorous exchange.  I had ordered two seats online last night, but my brother had decided to join us today.  So I explained the situation to the guy at the ticket window.  We were picking up two tickets and needed to buy a third.  The guy told me that his computers had been down for over an hour.  All he could do was give us wristbands that would get us into the stadium.  From that point everything would be general admission unless we wanted to complain to the box office manager and see if he could get us into our purchased seats.  My brother handed over his nine bucks and then we were given three wristbands.  It occurred to me as I walked into the stadium that this guy had just given me two wristbands based on nothing more than my word.  I said that I had bought two tickets and he had no way of knowing otherwise, so in we went.

My originally purchased seats in the fourth row were occupied, quite predictably.  We sat in the next section over and a little further back from the field, but our view still was excellent.  When a stadium holds something like 9,000 people, there really aren't any bad seats.  We scooted out just before the game ended and grabbed a round at Tony Packo's.  The fellas said that their chili dogs were good.  I'll take their word for it, since you couldn't pay me enough money to eat that kind of stuff.  Instead of eating, I took advantage of the fact that they had Guinness and Bass on tap.  For some reason, quite a few of the bars around home don't seem to be equipped to serve a good old black and tan.  A treat, I say.

We tried to scoot back into the stadium to watch the postgame fireworks show, but the guy at the gate was having none of it.  No re-entry, he insisted.  Fine then.  Back over to my $5 parking space and up I-75 we went.

My work for tomorrow should be fairly easy again.  I say "should" because we all know that things beyond my control can change at any time, in addition to the fact that I can screw up a delivery at any time.  I'm scheduled to pull one load tomorrow - starting at 1pm and hitting Flint, Saginaw, and Bridgeport.  Assuming that all goes as planned, I should knock it out in six or seven hours.  Assuming that all goes as planned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.