Friday, July 9, 2010

7/9/10

I received a postcard from Con-way Truckload today, thanking me for my four years of service.  I lol'd.  A nice enough gesture, I suppose, but I've never been one to put much stock in symbolic acts of whateverness.  I do a job and they pay me for it... except when they don't... and so on... and so forth.  But, you know, it's a really pretty postcard.

I also received a picture message from my sister today.  This one made me laugh as well, but for a better reason.
That's my little nephew Darek.  Uncle Joe got him a bunch of musical instruments for his birthday.  (Rule of thumb when buying gifts for kids - make sure the parents will be annoyed.)  Instead of tapping on the little drum with his hand, Darek wanted to bang it with a stick.  No drumsticks were included with the kit though.  You can see from the little hole in the side that it's a handheld deal.  I had a wire hanger with a cardboard cross member lying in the back of my car, so that cardboard tube became a pair of drumsticks.  Apparently the little guy was the big star today at his sister's soccer practice.  "One, two, ten!" he would shout, then unload on the drum.  Pretty funny stuff.

My Tigers beat the Twinkies tonight, staying on top of the division for at least another day, so the evening was a good one.  I have some stuff to do early tomorrow though, so I'm not too pleased about that part of the deal.  Midnight is supposed to be the time when things start to get fun.  Now it looks like I had better get a little sleep.  Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.