Monday, July 5, 2010

7/5/10

I think that the smartest decision I've made lately was telling my employers that I won't be back until the middle of next week.  The good old 'vacation after the vacation' should come in very handy.  As tends to be the case after a long weekend of carousing and so forth, I'm pretty worn out.

After a shaky few hours of sleep this morning, it was time to head back to the farm where we launched last night's fireworks show.  It was too dark to clean up the mess last night, so my brothers and I took care of it this morning.  Then we spent a few minutes cleaning up around my parents' house.  Then, after a cold shower failed to prevent any further sweating, it was time for me to drag my ass back home.  A man can only endure a lack of air conditioning for so long.

Today's drive back down was a little less congested than Friday's northbound trip had been.  There was some heavy traffic going through the first few little towns along the way, but everything was smooth once I got to the freeway.  Good deal.

Now I'm going to try the exceedingly difficult task of going to bed before 1am.  I'd kinda like to get a few things accomplished tomorrow, so a full night's rest would do some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.