Wednesday, July 28, 2010

7/28/10

Another day, another phone call while I was still in bed.  I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here.  I was pretty excited about the fact that I don't have to hear the chirping of the satellite unit anymore, now that I'm not a real trucker.  This early phone call shit is not exactly a suitable replacement.

Today's call was of the work variety.  Long story short - $250 instead of $150 today and no store deliveries, but I had to start at 9am instead of 12:45pm.  The yin and the yang, I suppose.  My run was a drop/hook turn going from the dairy in Livonia to another dairy in Indianapolis.  Five hours down there, drop the trailer full of cottage cheese, grab a trailer full of empty cases, and five hours back home.  Not a bad way to make a few dollars.  I got stuck with a truck that had sketchy air conditioning, so the heat and humidity made things a little unpleasant, but I'm a big boy.  I can handle a little sweat every now and then.

The logistics of having your car dinged up can be a little tricky, it turns out.  In order to expedite the process, I chose to use the local body shop that was recommended by my insurer.  This way the claim will be paid directly and they can just cut me out of the entire process.  The downside is that this particular body shop has no loaner cars.  And I have a job.  See the problem here?  So the friend who was borrowing my car when it got whacked yesterday wound up having to drop me off at work this morning.  Then he took my car to the shop and dropped it off this afternoon.  Then another friend gave me a ride home when I got back from Indy.  I have tomorrow off and the damage isn't too severe, so we'll hope that I can have my car back by Friday morning and life can go back to normal.  We'll hope.

Speaking of hope... very little left in terms of this baseball season, it would appear.  Such a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.