Saturday, June 5, 2010

6/5/10









Another nice and easy day on the road gave me some time to consider what the folks at the Fenian Godfather Institute of Engineering had to say about this mess in the Gulf of Mexico.  Yep.  They made more sense than the yahoos who were shoving golf balls down a hole last week and hoping for the best.  It's our understanding that the oil is generating approximately 2,000 psi of pressure.  Both Kevlar and a good hydraulic pump can withstand that sort of pressure.  You pump hot water down the center tube during the insertion process to control the ice crystals and there you go.

You're welcome.

Despite whatever crazy thunderstorms blew through in the middle of the night last night, I caught decent weather for today's entire drive through New York and Pennsylvania.  The skies are looking pretty cloudy down here in Hagerstown, where I'll be spending the night, so maybe some more rain will come in and cool things off a little.  I wouldn't mind that at all.

I'm not terribly skilled with Microsoft Paint and the folks at the Fenian Godfather Art Institute are off for the weekend, so that little demo took me a little while.  Therefore I do believe that it's time for me to go inside and get an Italian BMT with double meat.  Good day to you.

UPDATE (8:22pm):  Guess I forgot to put my usual weekly summary on today's post.  2,652 miles plus holiday pay and over $80 in northeast pay.  Solid week at the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.