Sunday, June 6, 2010

6/6/10

I think we might have a problem here.  At some point this morning, the air inside my truck started to warm up.  This woke me, naturally.  I didn't feel too tired though, so I got up and checked out the overnight news inside the internets.  Then I headed in for the traditional haircut/shave/shower routine.  Then I stopped by SubWay and got myself an Italian BMT with double meat.  Then I headed back out to my truck and hung out for a while as I enjoyed my lunch.  Then, when it was time to check the truck over and hit the road, I looked at a clock for the first time all day.  9am?  WTF?  I must have been up by 7:30am at the latest.  On a day when I was free to sleep as late as I liked.  This is unacceptable.

Anyhow, I hit the road for what was supposed to be a nice and easy drive.  Someone dumped a whole tank of stupidity on I-81 in Virginia today though.  Absolutely no flow to the traffic at all.  It only takes a few asswipes driving 50mph in the right lane, combined with a few more asswipes constantly speeding up and slowing down in the left lane, to make for a frustrating day on the highway.

Frustrating or otherwise, today found me getting through all of Virginia and North Carolina.  I've set up shop for the night in Duncan, South Carolina so I'll have something less than 200 miles to cover by tomorrow afternoon.  I'm due to deliver in McDonough, Georgia at 3:30pm.  Given the fact that Atlanta pretty much sucks balls, I might try to scoot past there a little earlier in the afternoon.  Then I can take a break somewhere along I-75 until it's time to make my delivery.

If you're reading this post, then I suppose it's safe to assume that the Blogger 'post by e-mail' function has worked.  I can't seem to access the site tonight for whatever reason.  If you're not reading this post and you're still somehow on this sentence, well, that would just be weird, wouldn't it?

3 comments:

  1. First 2 lines of today's entry:

    Monday, June 7, 2010
    6/6/10

    Are the mismatched dates due to the blogger post by e-mail function?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm confused because of the date. I just checked your blog and thought I slept Monday through and it was Tuesday. Maybe it has something to do with your close proximity to me here in Atlanta. Maybe the Bermuda Triangle shifted over Atlanta. I dunno. So confusing...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.