Sunday, May 30, 2010

5/30/10

Oh hell, I think I screwed up here.  In what should come as a surprise to nobody, I wasn't exactly feeling like a million bucks this morning.  Let's just say that it was a late night last night.  That was fine though, because I didn't really have to go anywhere today until I was good and ready.  After a few Advils and another one of those nice big cheeseburgers, I managed to pull myself together a little better.  The burgers came in a package of four, so I cooked the last one and wrapped it up for later, then cleaned up my mess and hit the road.

The few hours of driving that I did today were fairly straightforward.  Well, I shouldn't say straightforward.  More like up and down and right and left and this way and that forward.  You know what I think of West Virginia, after all.

I was done for the day once I got down to the T/A in Wytheville, Virginia. Good enough. Might as well leave a few hours for tomorrow. So... pretty easy day of work today. The Tigers finally had a good game this afternoon. I got a nice easy parking space at the truck stop. What could be wrong?

I was tired when I got here. I mean really tired. One of the good things about my line of work, I suppose, is that I'm never more than a few feet away from my bed. I cranked up the A/C and hopped in the bunk for a nap. Good deal.

Now we come to the problem though. I just got up to take a leak and saw that it was 1:30am. I'm wide freaking awake now. Somehow, between now and Tuesday morning, I'm gonna have to get back on an 'up in the morning' schedule. I guess I can just stay up through the rest of tonight and tomorrow. That should leave me tired enough to sleep tomorrow night. Maybe. We'll see how it goes.

About 170 miles to drive in order to reach my consignee from here.

3 comments:

  1. Joe as you have pointed out the numerous gifts that your friendly Tigers have given to the Diamondbacks. I saw this and thought hey Joe didn't even give a thank you post for this. How rude of him.

    But then after all the water you drank Saturday evening I understand you might have missed this on Sunday so I tried this link to see if it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sucked ass until they sent him down to Toledo and then, even in that one good start, he didn't get out of the 6th inning. We'll hold off on the parade for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah He had an awesome first game with us. A so-so second and then went to crap. But I think we only show'd clips of his first two games in the trade.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.