Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6/23/10

I have to conclude that the sole purpose of government at any level is to make my life miserable.  Today was already off to a bad start, given the situation with the 70 hour rule.  As I rolled along I-40 though, at the very least it looked like I would clear Nashville today.  This would leave me within a reasonable range of tomorrow morning's delivery.  Since I can't drive again until midnight, it would help to be as close as possible.

Cue road construction... now.  A half hour parked in the left lane of the interstate is enough to convince a fella that the Tennessee authorities are conspiring with the feds and simply trying to ruin his day.  There were people in bright vests walking around but I'm pretty sure they were just milking the clock.  I sure as hell didn't see any constructing going on.  By the time I got free of the traffic jam, I had to park for the night at the little Petro off Exit 188.

Now I have 400 miles to go from here to my delivery point.  I'm due by 7am.  That would require a 57 mile per hour pace, but I'm going to need to make a fuel stop along the way.  So we're up to 59.25mph.  My truck can go 65mph and I'll get the benefit of hitting Nashville, Louisville, and Cincinnati during the off hours, so the schedule should work.  You motorists and construction workers out there had better not get in my way though.  That's all I'm gonna say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.