Thursday, April 8, 2010

4/8/10

The best thing about the arrival of spring is that, for at least two hundred miles a day, the driving of my truck is merely a background occurrence.  With my XM Radio pumping out the play-by-play, I can stay alternately frustrated or pleased with what I'm hearing and the miles just disappear behind me.  When my route involves the sheer boredom that is I-40, this seasonal benefit is amplified significantly.  (More pleased than frustrated today.  The Tigers are now on pace for 108 wins and Miguel Cabrera is on pace for 108 homeruns.)

When I set out from Texas this morning, I was just under 800 miles from Avondale, Arizona.  With my delivery scheduled in Buckeye, I intend to spend the weekend in the Phoenix area.  The last few miles to Buckeye can wait until Sunday morning.  At this point I haven't managed to wear out my welcome yet, so it looks like our man J.T. and I will get a chance to hang out for a while on Saturday.  As such, I planned to cover somewhere around 400 miles today and leave the same amount for tomorrow.  The ballgame took care of half the trip and I handled the rest on my own.  391 miles on the road brought me to Milan, New Mexico, which I suspect is exactly like Milan, Italy.  Or maybe not.  I don't know.

As noted above, tomorrow's drive should be somewhere on the order of 400 miles.  Depending on how early I get out of bed, I may cruise on into Avondale tomorrow or I may stop short somewhere along I-17.  Apparently there's one of those hot rod races or something this weekend, so I won't be inclined to roll into the Phoenix area on a Friday afternoon.  I'm presently bored beyond belief though, so maybe I'll go to bed early and then get rolling early.  That's a pretty tough task for me to pull off, but you know, maybe.  The weather is still cool and nobody is parked next to me, so I have a sporting chance.

4 comments:

  1. Man, you are one bald MF.

    Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but you should see all the hair on my man boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I have a product for you!

    Jerry Stiller

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ever-present question remains though. Manzier or bro?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.