Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4/7/10

I guess that undefeated season thing didn't quite work out as planned.  Bummer.  Maybe next year.

It stands to reason that, after getting my A/C fixed and hearing about 90° temperatures in the northeast today, I would encounter downright cold weather as I drove across Oklahoma and into Texas.  The wind was whipping me around so much and the air coming through the vents was so cold, even with the fan turned off, that I had to turn up the heat just a little bit.  That global warming is some tricky stuff man.

The trip across I-44 and I-40 was straightforward and uncongested, which is always nice to see.  I knocked out a little over 450 miles and then stopped for the night in Conway.  Since the cashier wouldn't give me a Con-way discount for staying in Conway the last time I was here, even with my company logo hat on, I stepped up the game tonight and flashed my shiny gold Con-way Truckload service ring.  No dice though.  She still charged me full price.  My Italian BMT with double meat was worth every penny though, so I can't complain.

Tomorrow should involve another seven or eight hours of driving across I-40 and then something similar on Friday will have me pretty close to my final destination.  Since I'm not making a lot of money this week, I can at least take some comfort in not having to work very hard and being able to sleep late every morning.  That has to count for something.  Mixing in the repairs that were done in Joplin last night, we'll consider the week a fairly productive one so far.

A little palate cleanser to take the sting out of that game that the Tigers' bullpen just blew...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.