Sunday, November 15, 2009

11/15/09

It's another November evening
As you remember your way home
You mete out your aggressive tendencies
On what's left of your blackened soul
You've come to this conclusion
As you're dragged from another bloody fight
You've reached the edge where you decided
That you've lived out your whole life

Another busted knuckle
Taken down by a kick to the balls
You've wasted time wasting time
As life's shadows grow so tall

It's another busted knuckle
It's a fight you'll never win
And now you bow your head in shame
For a sin no one forgives

I don't know, man. Nothing particular stood out about today but sometimes you have to wonder when you'll cross the line. As I ride in a car, drinking beer on a Sunday afternoon, returning home from another pathetic loss by a team that really has nothing to do with me, one might conclude that the boundary is being tested. I don't know. All things considered, my life is pretty good. We'll have to leave it there for now.

Probably not going back to work tomorrow, but you never know. My vision is blurry enough right now that I fully expect to sleep late tomorrow. Once I wake and drink a bunch of water, we'll take stock of the situation and proceed from there.

2 comments:

  1. I have some friends who are completely oblivious to any sports, I often wonder how much less stressful my life would be if that was my case.

    Spartans, Lions and Tigers oh how they can make you suffer. If it hadn't been for the Red Wings of the last 15 years I'm not sure if I would still be sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sports are about the only source of stress that I have these days. Everything else is pretty streamlined and simple. This probably says something about misplaced priorities and whatnot, but for now I still refuse to grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.