Friday, November 13, 2009

11/13/09

Time is running out for Pitt fans to volunteer to fight me. By this time tomorrow night, I'll be winding down from a long day of drinking and my martial availability will have expired. Sign up now, if that's your thing. I'm a little older and weaker than I once was, but I'll sure as hell try to kick your ass.

I got my truck back from Ohio today. Some might be tempted to call the afternoon drive a mere appetizer for tonight's main course. For me though, it carried the significance of adding another 57 miles to my week and earning enough money to pay my insurance premiums. Alas, I just checked the company's web portal. The dispatcher who told me that he would "take care of it" was full of shit. My (official) current pay period consists of only 57 miles. That's a one-way trip from Taylor to Perrysburg. My truck is therefore still (officially) in Perrysburg and my (official) pay for the week is $21.66. Peckerhead. I'll have another $21.66 coming whenever I go back to work, since the truck has to get to Taylor somehow, but today's dispatching failure screws up my pay schedule.

The disappointment should have ended there. It didn't. After a nice and easy drive down to Pittsburgh this evening, my brothers and I chugged a few beers at the hotel and then walked over to a local bar. The place was nice. The food was good. The crowd was pitiful. Nary a hot broad in sight. Hardly any dudes either, for that matter. We ate well and drank a few rounds, then headed back to the hotel (where a full cooler was waiting). My two (much younger 'second marriage') brothers are sleeping like a couple of little bitches. I'm watching ESPN and typing a blog post. This is not how the Friday before a big game is supposed to conclude. And I still haven't found anyone to fight me.

5 comments:

  1. You don't need anyone to fight you...Pittsburg is going to take care of the ass wuppin part...All you can do is sit back and watch.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Irish, let's kick some Panther ass! Fuck Shittsburg!

    -Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy in the blue croakies will fight ya. He's been lifting weights since he was 8

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftypYCwleg

    ReplyDelete
  4. The offer has been suspended pursuant to Saturday night's debacle. In the event that I find myself getting wound up for a game against Air Force in the near future though, I'll keep him in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.