Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11/11/09

One trip to Ohio is better than two, for various reasons, but it's still a trip to Ohio. After calling the road service guys this morning to give them the rundown on my truck, I expected to be sent to the damned Kenworth dealer in Dearborn. It turns out though that I am not the only one with a low opinion of those degenerates. I was sent to the dealership in Perrysburg, Ohio instead. Hey, I earned $21.66 today. Woo hoo!

The guy down in Perrysburg said that he would call me some time this evening and let me know how long my truck would be in the shop. The guys in Dearborn always used to say that they would call me and then they would never call. Given the different location and all, I actually believed the guy today. Yeah, the joke was on me. No phone call. State lines are no barrier against shitty customer service. It's all over. It would be nice to get the truck back up here before the weekend so that my pay will be enough to cover my insurance premiums. Other than that though, I have no use for my truck until next week. Let's just hope that they get it all fixed up nice and proper.

After (and perhaps despite) enjoying a few beers while out to dinner with a friend of mine this evening, I managed to resist the temptation to return a phone call to a non-friend of mine. Score one for the angel on my right shoulder this time around. Nice and simple. That's how we like things around here. The devil on the left shoulder, however, is giving me the silent treatment. According to him - sober, bored, and alone is no way to go through a night.

Tomorrow looks to be a pretty busy one ahead of Friday's departure for Pittsburgh. Lots of running here and there would seem to be in store. And just in case any Pitt fans are reading - I'm still prepared to fight you at a time and place that would prove mutually convenient for each of us. If you are unable or unwilling to fight me, I will gladly insult your mother instead. Just let me know.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...thanks for dinner! I'm surprised you didn't return that call. Did you at least get your eye drops at Thursday lunch date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some phone calls are better left unanswered.

    My friend from the LP was kind enough to provide some eye drops. Now that my drinking for the weekend is done, we'll see if they work.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.