Thursday, September 24, 2009

9/24/09

Another good night for sports fans. Erin Andrews was on the sidelines covering the Cocks and Detroit has a magic number of eight. No, those two stories are not related. Perverts.

For the first time in quite a while I was able to sleep pretty soundly last night. That's always nice. The drive was a long one, to be sure, but overall it wasn't too bad. Lots of construction zones on the turnpikes but the only major delays that I saw were on the westbound side. Since I got a late start to the day, I didn't get to the heavily traveled Philadelphia area until late at night. Thus, traffic was nice and light. Beauty.

So far, mine is the only truck parked at the consignee here in Levittown. That's pretty cool. Getting here and taking my break tonight will leave me with a full slate of hours available tomorrow, so it will be good to get unloaded and on the board nice and early. Weekend runs out of this neck of the woods are usually pretty decent as long as I can get an assignment by Friday afternoon.

Part of the deal when you park at a customer is that sometimes you have to take a leak in the dark area behind the dumpster. Just the way it is, you know. Good thing I'm a fella though, since it would be a little tougher for a gal in such a situation. Or would it? Hmm.

2 comments:

  1. A. I told you the number 8 is a great number. B. We could still pee by the dumpster...it's not impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been to frat parties. I think the ladies would have been better off with one of those fancy gadgets.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.