Thursday, July 23, 2009

7/23/09

Dude. My team can't hit. Their team can't lose. It's gonna be a rough weekend against those thugs from Chicago, I suspect. That Buehrle fella sure didn't help my confidence with his perfect game today. Peckerhead.

After a much-needed night of quiet rest in cool weather, I had a pretty easy day of driving. Across to Paducah, quick fuel stop, then into Illinois. You know the deal in Illinois - Set the cruise control at 55mph and enjoy the ride. As soon as my consignee in Greenville checked the seal and told me where to drop my loaded trailer, I received my next assignment. I made my drop/hook and then took a look at the Qualcomm. Meh.

This afternoon's work consisted of a 45 mile drive down to Salem, Illinois to set up for a run leaving early tomorrow morning. From here I'm going to the Tulsa area. After that, nothing so far. Pretty slim pickings in the 'paid by the mile' world lately. I'll be at 1,843 miles once I'm empty tomorrow though, so a decent weekend could change that song in a hurry. Hopefully I won't have a lot of time to watch baseball.

2 comments:

  1. All I got to say is Yeah Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next to last in their division with a better record than us (pending tonight's game). Mediocrity throughout an entire division has it priveleges.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.