Wednesday, July 22, 2009

7/22/09

♫ Heaven help me for the way I am. Save me from these evil deeds before I get them done. I know tomorrow brings the consequence at hand, But I keep living this day like the next will never come... ♫

Oh well. Always good to make a new friend, I guess. After getting back to my truck this morning, the drive up to my shipper was quick and easy. I ignored the signs about 'thru trucks' and went straight through town this time. Rebel without a cause, man. Rebel without a cause.

I dropped my empty trailer and grabbed my loaded one and then headed westward. I don't know exactly how the overall miles stack up but I had no desire to go northward into West Virginia and then cut across to Illinois. West Virginia, in a manner of speaking, sucks balls. Dragging a heavy load through those mountains after a questionable amount of sleep last night sounded like a terrible idea. I went west on I-40 instead. Still plenty of mountains and slow traffic but at least it's a little straighter.

As I was rolling along, I got a phone call from Mom. She, my sister, my niece and nephew, and my youngest brother were on their way down to Pigeon Forge. The hillbilly side of my family does its little reunion deal every July and apparently this is the week. They got to Knoxville shortly before I did, so I stopped and we got together for a bite to eat. That was pretty cool.

After dinner I slugged out the rest of Tennessee before getting to the Kentucky welcome center and calling it a night. It looks like I only have around 235 miles left to knock out tomorrow, so I should be able to get some decent sleep tonight. That's good. I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.