Friday, June 5, 2009

6/5/09

Upon waking to see the sun coming through the windows of my hotel room, and still feeling inebriated from last night, the last thing that I wanted to do was get out of bed and play golf. So... I got up and drove to the golf course. Good times. Good times.

This afternoon brought a wedding rehearsal, meaning that this afternoon brought a great deal of boredom. Then a rather mediocre dinner was followed by a thoroughly dominating performance at the bowling alley. I rolled a 220 in my first game in a very long time and then backed it up with a 179. Not bad at all. I beat each of my brothers by more than 70 strokes for the two games. It's the small victories that matter.

Back at the lodge, my pyrotechnic talents were placed on full display. Rumor has it that the folks in the adjacent lodgings were trying to get a campfire started. Within a few minutes the gathering was centered around my fire. Nice weather, cold beer, and good friends... I think I may be getting spoiled.

I managed to get dragged into a protracted political discussion with my brother-in-law, so the sunrise over Lake Ann was an unwelcome sight. Damned circular arguments piss me off. I think I may manage to get a few hours of sleep here before my mother and my aunts start cooking breakfast. Fingers crossed and to bed I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.