Saturday, June 27, 2009

6/27/09

Almost pulled off a day with no traffic jams... almost. The cruise across US-30 was nice and easy as expected. I caught up with I-80 in Illinois and continued westward for a while, targeting the T/A in Morris as a good place to stop for the night. If only it weren't for the construction at the intersection with I-55. They were stopping traffic to let construction equipment cross the road and the resulting backup was a beauty.

I got to the T/A and settled in early enough to listen to my Tigers taking an ass whipping from Houston. Searching for more entertaining fare on the radio proved to be a worthless pursuit though. All Michael Jackson, all the time. I fail to understand our society's obsession with dead celebrities, but then I guess there's a lot about our society that I don't understand. Whatevs.

My week wraps up with 2,366 miles and a little under $40 in northeast pay, so not too bad. I'll come in under $1,000 for the week but it was a pretty easy week of work. My safety bonus for the second quarter was on yesterday's check and the coming week will bring my holiday pay for Independence Day, so all in all things seem to be rolling along quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.