Sunday, May 17, 2009

5/17/09

Man, I think I've been transported to the Serengeti during rainy season or something. What has it been now? Two weeks? It has to stop raining at some point... maybe.

I woke to my lovely alarm clock this morning and took a look outside, then promptly went back to bed. My hope was that the rain would move through and leave me alone while I slept. It was still raining when I got rolling a couple of hours later and it's still raining now. Aside from my having to dodge the slower cars in the heavy downpours, the drive was rather uneventful. I had my fill of the day's news on the radio after about five minutes, so I was definitely looking forward to this afternoon's ballgame. I hold Notre Dame near and dear to my heart and my opinion on the topic is exactly what you probably expect it to be, so we'll just leave it at that.

Once the Tigers got going, they decided to pull a stunt more appropriate for Bingo Long and spotted their opponents a six run lead. Fortunately they kept all the players in the outfield and managed to make a pretty impressive comeback for the victory. My boys may be the worst division leaders in baseball right now but they're still leading the division, by golly. I never really got to a spot where I thought my internet connection would support streaming video, so I went ahead and kept driving through the hockey game. The XM Radio broadcast gives me the home team call. I have always had a fondness for Harry Neal's television play-by-play on CBC, but Ken Kal and Paul Woods are like a little slice of home on the radio.

I've stopped in Midway, Georgia for the night after covering around 530 miles today. The rest of the trip should shape up pretty well from here. I don't guess there's any reason to get up early tomorrow morning. I'll try to get through Jacksonville after the morning rush has died down and then set up shop somewhere on I-95 in the evening. My delivery is set for Tuesday afternoon, meaning that I don't necessarily have to get too close to Miami tomorrow. I imagine I'll shoot for somewhere around Fort Pierce and take it from there.

5 comments:

  1. An alarm clock is a necessity in every household to keep us on time with our daily activities especially if you're always on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this isn't their advertising strategy. I'm not sure that this blog gets all that much traffic.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.