Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5/12/09

If my fuel tanks are 3/4 full and I have a 25,000 pound payload, I don't think I can float away. I'm too heavy, right? There's some real Noah's Ark business going on outside right now. Glad I got parked at that highly recommended rest area when I did. I never did figure out who "they" are, but they often say that timing is everything.

Speaking of timing, the portly gent at the tire shop in Brunswick took his sweet ass time putting on my two shiny new steer tires this morning, likely sparing me a frustrating trip through Jacksonville. By the time I got there, in early afternoon, the traffic was relatively light. Then I hit the early part of the afternoon rush in Orlando. It was raining off and on in that area and the cops were out creating their mischief, so things were moving at around 30mph. 30mph is better than 25mph though. It was only slow for a few miles right in the middle of town and then the traffic shook out and things got back to normal. Then the skies started unleashing a hell of a fury about fifteen minutes after I parked.

I can't decide what worries me more right now - the thought that I'm about to get swept out to sea or the thought that the damned Japanese might be plotting to take us over again while everybody is worried about the ChiComs. I ain't even kidding. This one freaked me out. Seen anything strange creeping around your neighborhood lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.