Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4/7/09

Yeah, so my Tigers lost their opening game of the season again. Well, so did the Yankees. And the Yankees have like this crazy huge payroll. Serves 'em right. The Tigers are clearly superior because they lost with a smaller payroll. (Yeah, this was dumb. I know. Humor me. The wealth envy thing isn't really my style but I'm trying to get with the program.)

Crossing I-80 with a heavy load is a royal pain in the ass. That much I actually do believe. When you mix in the assorted stretches of fairly intense snowfall, and the accompanying slower traffic... oy. This was a long, long, seven hour day. At least the last hundred miles or so consisted of clean dry roads. Good enough.

I wasn't in the mood to stop at an ATM and get cash for the toll roads so I started eastward on the U.S. highways in Ohio. Everything was pretty smooth and steady until somewhere around Akron after I caught up with I-76. That's when more global warming started falling from the sky. It was starting to clear up a bit as I entered Pennsylvania. Then the next round kicked in. I flipped on the CB to see if the westbound guys had any good news. Three or four miles of snow? Well, that ain't bad. Yeah, bullshit. It snowed like a mutha for about forty miles. As was the case yesterday, the road itself held up pretty well. Most of the snow was melting on contact. The other drivers were another story altogether. I had to curse a lot. Loudly. During Holy Week and everything. Oy.

I pulled into some little ghetto truck stop in Milton a little while ago and put my feet up for the night. I'll be dropping off a few miles from here in the morning. My internet connection is good and shitty, so I guess I won't be watching my working class baseball team in action tonight. I think there's a conspiracy between the wireless providers and the baseball aristocracy to deny the Tigers the support that they truly need and deserve.

4 comments:

  1. Being in the Pacfic Northwest Go Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aristocracy conspired to give your guy a bleeding ulcer, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I'm a Yankee fan. But I've been one since 1960. {Damn,I'm getting old} All that money we spent aint' going to guarantee a winning season. The only thing that will is if we score more runs than the team we're playing.

    I hope Detroit has a good year. Michigan could use some good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hope that your man C.C. doesn't discover the veal parmesan at Amici II down in Little Italy. That stuff is delightful. He could be a 400 pounder before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.