Monday, April 6, 2009

4/6/09

Well, the global warming wasn't too hard on this little chunk of the Midwest today. It snowed off and on from Columbus on up but the roads weren't cold enough to get too slick. I was running a few hours ahead of schedule by the time I got to Perrysburg, so I was planning to hang out at the Petro until my appointment was a little closer. Then I figured what the hell. I was going to pass the consignee on the way to the truck stop anyway so I pulled in to see what the security guard might say. Long story short... I was empty an hour and a half before I was supposed to be there.

As soon as I sent in my empty call, I received my next assignment. Today didn't bring a whole lot of activity but tomorrow should be decent. I had to head over to Napoleon, where I'll pick up a load bound for Pennsylvania in the morning. That 400-something miles per day is about the kind of pace that I like. Of course, today's 30-something doesn't add much, but that's okay. I'll be requesting home time in a few days so I'm only looking for 2,000 or so miles this week. Business has been pretty good lately. I don't think I'll have any trouble making a few more dollars before I take some time off.

I was sleeping pretty soundly this morning in the nice chilly CO² laden air when an obnoxious beeping woke me. The battery rundown thing again. I've had decent luck sleeping with my truck turned off lately, so I had almost started to accept that the North Carolina incident was a fluke. Guess not. The truck just barely fired up after a few lackluster cranks of the starter. I guess we'll have to add some new batteries to the clutch brake repairs for the fellas in Dearborn next week. Better leave 'er running tonight just in case.

2 comments:

  1. Yep Don............

    Looks like it's about high time for Vito to get back over to Kelly's for some pints and ornery (well....we can hope) shapely blondes.

    Be safe Joe,

    Barzini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the attractive blondes in this world have learned to keep their distance from me. Sometimes, though, I manage to stumble across one who didn't get the memo.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.