Tuesday, April 21, 2009

4/21/09

Yes, of course I'm madly in love with Miss California. To those of you who had to ask - come on now, seriously. You didn't really have to ask, did you?

So I decided to impersonate a local truck driver today. I sat at home, stared at the walls, and felt sorry for myself since there was no work for me to do. Hehe, that's a little recession/layoff joke for you. I kid because I care... or something like that. Of course I don't get the unemployment check just yet though.

I went through the usual routine of setting my alarm, tossing and turning all night, and then calling the terminal to put myself back on duty. Per usual, I was kinda sorta hoping I wouldn't be too close to the top of the board when I called. Per usual... be careful what you wish for and whatnot. #31. Shit. Well, plenty of time to go back to bed then, eh?

I spent the day bumming around and checking on my status every couple of hours. It seemed that, about once every hour and a half, a bunch of trucks would come off the board. Then everything would stay static for another hour and a half. I made it up to #12 and it appeared that this would be where I would spend the night. Since donning my luxurious boxers (for your own sake, don't try to picture that) and crawling into bed, I've managed to move up to #8. Maybe I can get some sort of sleep tonight before heading to my truck tomorrow and impersonating an OTR driver for a change.

I'm sure she'll forgive me for not knowing the proper protocol for the blogging equivalent of a chain letter, since I don't have any friends and I don't read blogs very often, but Diane at Heads Carolina/Tails California was very kind yesterday and the folks who sent messages have likewise been friendly people. Rather than try to come up with something clever, I think I could manage the whole 'pay it forward' deal far more effectively if anyone here wanted to chime in with a comment or two and suggest some decent reading. I do like to look at Jake Tapper's blog at ABC every once in a while though.

3 comments:

  1. LOL Yeah Vito....no two ways about it, she is smoking smoking hot. Maybe that is what you need as a co-driver in that setup for yours Don Vito! LOL

    Well, you're gonna have to snap outta that truck driver depression that is racking your brain, and get back out in the world paisan!

    Or better yet, pick up the phone, get back off the board for a couple of days and chill out. Yep, that's your official Indiana recommendation for today...........

    Don Barzini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all out of diversions around here, so until that drop dead gorgeous lass with traditional values decides to stop by, I might as well hit the road and make a buck or two.

    I have another chunk of time off coming at the beginning of June. More big spending, I'm sure. The feds haven't bailed me out yet so I'll just keep paying my own way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    http://www.manga-reader.com/ - klonopin without prescription
    Klonopin - Anxiety sufferers wonder pill
    [url=http://www.manga-reader.com/]klonopin without prescription[/url]

    Treatment involves monitoring of respiration, blood pressure, pulse, general supportive measures and gastric lavage.
    generic klonopin

    Klonopin may also increase or precipitate the incidence of the onset of generalized of tonoic-clonic seizures or grand mal requiring the addition of appropriate anticonvulsants or an increase in the dosage.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.