Saturday, March 21, 2009

3/21/09

You know what's really good? A peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I couldn't even tell you the last time I had one of those. Probably ten years ago. I stopped for fuel at the Bosselman's in Grand Island and snagged me a tasty little treat. Beauty. I'm not sure what it says about my life when that was the highlight of my day, but whatever. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are delicious.

Other than that, today's drive was just a long boring cruise down through Iowa and across most of Nebraska. By the time I got to North Platte, I was about ready to turn in for the night. Into the Flying J we go... and out of the Flying J we go. Guess we'll have to cross that one off the list. No parking spaces on a Saturday night. To use the internet jargon of the day - WTF?

The smaller truck stop in Hershey had plenty of room for me though. Good enough. That's 15 miles less for tomorrow, I suppose.

The pay week wraps up with a quite productive 3,498 miles. All told, ¥9082.03 ain't half bad.

2 comments:

  1. One comfort food at a time, I'm afraid. We had to go with the old reliable iced tea for that one.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.