Friday, January 2, 2009

1/2/09

That one seemed pretty applicable today. I fell asleep earlier than usual last night. It would follow then that I woke earlier than usual this morning. I got up and started my normal routine, preparing to hit the road for a while. Then I thought - why? I was only going to drive a few hours today anyway. What's the hurry? I went back to bed, for no particular reason. Later in the morning I got up and went to work for real.

Then I stopped after an hour and a half of driving for a delicious roast beef sandwich from Arby's and the delightfully decadent shower experience offered by the fine folks at the Pilot in Troy, Illinois. I wound up dragging my feet around there for a while before heading back out to the big road. That's one of those weird things about having way too much time to get somewhere. I somehow don't seem to be in a hurry to get there.

233 miles in total for today - good enough. I was listening to the Cotton Bowl on the radio and it sounds like a real barnburner. I figured I might as well stop and check out the second half. The radio guys keep saying that the defenses aren't that bad; that the offenses are just that good. I have my doubts. It sounds to me like the defenses are really that bad. Guess I'll see for myself. What good is having a bunch of time to watch football if I don't actually watch football, right?

5 comments:

  1. Speaking of football my seahawks did a little better than your lions at least you guys now have a place in the record books. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a Lions fan. I started rooting for the Redskins many years ago when I lived in Texas (mainly to annoy the other kids in school at the time) and never changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just researching the laws of the fine state of Illinois, and it seems that if you spend more than fifteen minutes with a bar of soap in the shower, and then transport said bar of soap across state lines, that's considered a man act.
    As far as the Big 12 in bowl games, looks like the only one they'll win will be Tejas over Columbus JC. And the Pac Ten is 5-0 in bowl games. Guess the conference isn't that soft after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're preaching to the choir here man. I told everyone that your boys got rooked when they dropped so far after that loss on the road. I'm a Notre Dame fan living in Big 11 country, so I have these arguments every year. I must admit that it is rather satisfying to know that a 7-6 Notre Dame team won as many bowl games as their whole conference though.

    Oh, and I didn't pay for that soap, so I don't think they can get me for trafficking.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.