Sunday, October 26, 2008

10/26/08

Poor Lions fans... My father went to the game, but I would guess he managed to consume enough beer to take the sting out of it. Of course, I don't know how committed a Lions fan he really is. It seems that he was a Cowboys fan when we lived in Texas and I started rooting for the 'Skins. Then he was a Giants fan (or something like that) for a while, as I continued rooting for the 'Skins. Now, I don't know. I just know that living around people in Michigan when you're not a fan of the Leos or the Wolverines... it's a lot easier when those teams both suck.

It was a windy and tedious drag across I-70 today. This load is a hefty 44,000 pounds so the hills looked like mountains for most of the trip. The wind may have been worse with a lighter load though, so I don't know. Not so bad I guess.

Anyhow, I pulled into the customer's lot a little while ago and sent in my request for time off. This whole street is occupied by a collection of buildings belonging to the consignee. The address in the directions from my employer doesn't appear to exist. After wandering aimlessly for a little bit, I did manage to find a building that matches up with the address on my bills. It has loading docks so that's a good sign. Of course, all of the buildings on this street have loading docks. I'm glad I decided to drive here tonight though. Assuming that I am at the right building, I would have had a bitch of a time backing in here with other traffic around. If I'm not in the right place... well, we'll just hope we don't have to face that one.

2 comments:

  1. So, enquiring minds want to know: were you at the right place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty about this blog, Miss Theresa, is that it's chronological. One day's questions become the next day's answers... or something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.