Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10/28/08

I'm sure that, at some point in your life, you've heard the old "reach for the stars" bit from somebody. Well I don't buy it. I had minimal expectations for today. Although the day turned out to be nothing special, it didn't completely suck either. It was better than my minimal expectations, so I was satisfied.

The morning's traffic was morning traffic, but not that bad really. The dock at the consignee was a bit of a pain in the ass, but not as bad as some that I've had recently. After I waited in the customer's break room for an hour or so, they had me empty and I needed to find somewhere to park. I spotted an unoccupied building so I turned into its parking lot. Once I was in, it became readily apparent that getting out would be no fun at all. Oh well, we would have to cross that bridge when we came to it. I put my feet up and kicked back for a while.

After a half hour or so I received my next assignment. I would have to extract myself from the parking lot and then head up to the ConWay in Tomah, Wisconsin. Tomorrow morning I'll be pulling a load to Toledo and passing it off to someone else. I don't know what will follow from there. I'll only be 50 miles from home but I really wouldn't mind pulling another load or two this week. I guess the freight will have to decide. Whatever comes up, at least they've already managed to make me a few bucks for the pay period. I imagine I'll start spending some serious money this weekend.

I stopped for a delicious Subway BMT with double meat along the toll road. Mmmmm, tasty. Then it was time for a nap. Then the traffic around Rockford... not as bad as I expected. See how that works? Low expectations are the key to happiness.

I checked in and dropped my trailer a little while ago. Now the nap that I took earlier is probably going to come back to haunt me. I'm scheduled to roll out of here at 4am local time. Hopefully I'll get to sleep for at least a few hours since, as I've so eloquently pointed out in the past, 4am wake-up calls suck ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.