Saturday, August 2, 2008

8/2/08

First post on the new computer... ooh, thrilling. Of course it would have been better if this damn thing hadn't consumed the better part of my day. I ordered a usb modem from Sprint last night. That should arrive within the next couple of days, but until then I needed to find another source of internet access. I took my router to my parents' house and set up a network using their Comcast connection. Good and fast. Okay, let's get to work.

...All afternoon, all evening, and all night later, I finally got everything moved and upgraded and re-downloaded and all the rest of it. That's better.

I guess tomorrow I should do my laundry and stuff, in case something weird goes on when I head back to work on Monday morning. I'm guessing that I should be back home Monday night, but things don't always make sense in my line of work. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.