Sunday, July 27, 2008

7/27/08

Once upon a time, I was dating a chick who had moved to Michigan in order to attend U of M in Ann Arbor. One night, we had dinner with her aunt and uncle who had just moved to Ann Arbor from Princeton. Sitting on the patio in the summer, there were a few bugs around. The uncle noted that he missed New Jersey, where there were no mosquitos. On account of the West Nile virus, the folks in Jersey had eradicated the entire mosquito population. I assumed that he was exaggerating at least a little bit. Nope. There is not one mosquito in the state of New Jersey. I've spent nights up by New York. I've spent nights down by Philly. I've stayed at truck stops and rest areas. Last night, I was parked on a street next to a field full of weeds. I had my windows down the whole time. Not one mosquito. If Rick Reilly really wants to cure malaria, he should arrange it so that everyone in Africa just moves to New Jersey.

Why the story about mosquitos, you ask? Well, I'm trying to follow the President's lead and looking on the bright side. Sure, I've been sitting on my ass way too much this week. Sure, I'll have to stay out for at least another few days before requesting home time, since I only made $800 last week. Sure, the Tigers only took one out of three from the White Sox. Sure, I just ate a whole pizza for dinner and now my pants are too tight. Sure, I don't have any access either to a keg of beer or to an adventurous college chick who thinks that I'm witty. Sure, Rollye James and Alex Jones told me that we're being slowly exterminated by chemtrails. At least there are no mosquitos in New Jersey.

I slept late this morning. Woke up. Still #1 on the board, as I was when I dropped off yesterday. Hung around for a while. Drove down to Carney's Point. Lunch. Shower. Watched the Tigers. Took a nap. Set a new personal record on cell phone Tetris. Took a nap. Watched season four of The Simpsons. Took a nap. Ate the aforementioned pizza (actually there's one slice left, but that's just details). Placed some trade orders to rebalance my IRA tomorrow. Did some shopping online for shit that I don't need, using money that I didn't need to spend. Still on the board, waiting for work. If you're on the east coast and you need to ship something, please call Con-way Truckload right away.

Now, enough about me trying to earn a living and the man trying to keep me down. On to a more serious matter. Since you'll probably see this on the evening news, I'm going to address it directly. Apparently some video of an ex-girlfriend and me has surfaced. All I can say is that sometimes a woman has to be reminded of her place in the world. While I had hoped to keep this matter private, I am not ashamed...

2 comments:

  1. Has Miss Venezuela taken a gander at this lovely snippet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all over the news wires. That's probably why she hasn't called me.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.