Saturday, July 5, 2008

7/5/08

Basically the only issue to address today was the routing/permit situation with respect to Vermont. Since I would be the one to get a ticket, I wasn't too excited about taking someone's word for it, so I did some more searching and came up with an answer. If you're an OTR driver, you might want to take a second and download this PDF from the State of Vermont. It could come in handy some time in the future. That map is a hell of a lot more concise than their published rules that I saw before. I'm taking red routes tomorrow, so I'm all good. That trip that I took last year was in fact quite illegal, but it ain't a crime if you don't get caught.

Today took me up and out of Ohio, then across and onto the New York Thruway. By the time I got to the service area by Syracuse, I was ready for dinner. At that point I had covered well over half the miles to my final destination, so I'm calling this place home for the night.

I'll head up to Saint Alban's tomorrow and get unloaded at 11pm, then hope like hell that there's a parking spot for me at the local truck stop. Considering the way the parking lots have looked all weekend, I think I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.