Monday, June 30, 2008

6/30/08

Well, the planners in Joplin are 1 for 1 on this particular stretch of work. I've pulled one load and I've received one pre-plan. That was a little surprising, since northern Wisconsin isn't exactly a hotbed of manufacturing activity. The pre-planned load was one picking up tomorrow morning though, only ninety miles away from today's drop. I guess that's not so surprising, since northern Wisconsin isn't exactly a hotbed of manufacturing activity.

This morning's drive was pretty decent. There was construction for what was left of Illinois, but the traffic in Wisconsin was rolling nicely. I guess Madison would be the only area along the route that might get busy sometimes, but not today. The consignee in Eau Claire got me unloaded within a half hour or so, then I headed back down I-94 toward Tomah.

I have to pick up a ConWay load by 5am, so I stopped for a break along the way and had some dinner. As I long as I got to Tomah by 7pm, I could get a legitimate ten hour break at the shipper. The idea was to get here right around 7pm, at which time the night shift drivers would be out doing what they do and the yard wouldn't be congested. Good call. Hopefully that wasn't my one good decision for July, a day early.

Now I'm just listening to the ballgame and wishing the people parked on either side of me would shut off their damn trucks. $4.65 a gallon and they have them running for no apparent reason. I don't buy the fuel so that's not my problem, but I could do without the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.